Why partner with an accredited nonprofit organization like CCCSMD?
Today’s consumers and corporations look for partners and providers that help fulfill their social responsibility expectations and standards. CCCSMD is a fully accredited nonprofit housing and credit counseling agency with a stellar reputation spanning over 50 years. There are many great reasons to partner with us, including:
- We are focused on serving communities with some of the most financially vulnerable families. Over 85% of our clients are low-and-moderate income;
- We are subject to rigorous industry quality standards as required by our designation as a HUD National Intermediary, our continued maintenance of COA accreditation, our adherence to NFCC membership guidelines as well as annual compliance with various state licensing requirements;
- We understand the importance of operating with a clear, ethical and strategic business model and have established a strong governance policy with well-defined strategic goals reviewed every 3 years;
- We have adapted to changing times and the evolving needs of our clients. We are always looking for ways to make our services more impactful and services more accessible while continuing to offer them at no- to low-cost;
- We are open to innovative ideas and always seek opportunities to develop new products and programs aligned with community needs;
- We engage with our Partners to create opportunities for co-presenting, co-branding and maximizing our collective efforts to improve the financial well-being of consumers!
Whether you are looking for a trusted partner to assist your employees or clients with their financial questions and concerns or are interested in creating and launching a financial education program, we’d love to hear from you! We work in partnership with dozens of financial institutions, community-based organizations, employers and other reputable entities to educate thousands of consumers each year.
Examples of partnership include:
- Debt reduction and/or credit building referral program;
- Affordable housing and first-time homebuyer programs;
- Collaboration on workshop and web-based presentations on topics such as Credit, Budgeting, Homeownership and Identity Theft/Scams;
- Co-branded education materials;
- Short-term and long-term financial stabilization programs;
- Advocacy – CCCSMD leads an annual statewide public awareness campaign focused on the Financial Exploitation of Older Americans (PROTECT Week – www.protectweek.org)
Featured PartnerMichelle Singletary (The Washington Post) and Re-entry Program
As the volunteer director of the Prosperity Partners Financial Freedom Money Management Program, I have teamed up with CCCSMD (formerly known as Guidewell Financial Solutions) and the Maryland Correctional Enterprises (MCE) CARES Program for financial literacy training in several Maryland correctional facilities. For several years, CCCSMD (formerly known as Guidewell Financial Solutions) has helped provide credit guidance to Maryland inmates as part of the re-entry program.
Many people might not believe it but even folks behind bars are concerned about their finances. They want to establish good credit. They want to address outstanding debt. They most certainly need help in budgeting. The services CCCSMD (formerly known as Guidewell Financial Solutions) has provided to help offenders prepare for release and become good money managers has been invaluable.