Qualifications & Certifications
CCCSMD is a fully accredited credit counseling provider with an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and a HUD-approved National Intermediary. We have been a trusted community business since 1966.
As a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), we must meet the highest standards for quality, including agency accreditation, Financial Advocates certification, and annual fiscal audits. All CCCSMD Financial Advocates are required to complete the NFCC certification program.
“Thank you for your professionalism, thoroughness, caring way, and tireless effort”
– CCCSMD Client
Our certifications and accreditations include:
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA)
- Licensed Debt Management Plan provider in 35 states and the District of Columbia
- U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approved national housing intermediary
- National Disability Institute’s American Dream Employment Network
- Catonsville Chamber of Commerce
- Credit Builders Alliance
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce
CCCSMD is funded by individual donations, public and private grants, client fees, and fair share, a voluntary contribution program for creditors who participate in our debt management plans. As a nonprofit, CCCSMD does not require creditor participation in fair share when working with any client. All of our services are confidential.
- 2016 Baltimore Brava Award Winner, SmartCEO Magazine
- 2013 William Donald Schaefer Helping People Award, Comptroller Peter Franchot
- 2013 First State Saves Star Award, Delaware Financial Literacy Institute
- 2013 Partnership Award, Maryland Council on Economic Education